Saturday, November 05, 2005

Defining MUD

As I piece together my literature review for my research methods course I have to keep re-focusing my thoughts to the question of "Can teacher guided Multi User Domains be used effectively as learning environments?"

I am getting close to the deadline of the 8th and I've run into the problem defining a MUD (Multi User Domain). So often it is being referred to as text based. I don't want to dwell in the text based realm and so I am looking for the first definition that I found which included movement and 3D space. My end project is to test out NWN Aurora toolset and the DM side as a teaching platform.

If you have time check www.mark.blogspot.com he's got some great note on the Serious Games Summit. Oh how I wish I could have been there. But my students were amazing again this week so I can't really complain.

No comments: