Monday, October 17, 2005

Authentic Professionalism

Exploring gaming and learning...

After reading an article (see hyperlink above) by J.P. Gee, about 3 days ago I can't get the term 'Authentic Professionalism' out of my head. After struggling and struggling to find a start point for the creation of my MUD it finally dawned on me! I should start from the training of the student into the game environment. The training of the student in the environment will be the beginning of the learning experience which will have embedded within it the skills that they will need to discover and explore their environment.

Hey, this might seem like familiar terms and ideas for some but these are all new for me. Please leave me questions or comments so that I can help myself clarify what I mean.

No comments: