Friday, July 07, 2006

First Picture Post- Baby Grapes

So I went out last night and bought an Olympus E-20n (its a digital camera). I got it from McBain camera here in Edmonton. It was the shelf model and it was missing a USB cord. I'm not sure what it would go for today but I felt I got a deal on it for what I wanted. It has all the features I wanted and more. I'm excited to learn how to really use the camera. I didn't want a point and shoot because the Mrs. and I want to eventualy take a camera course.

Here is my first picture from our garden. I had to use the flash because it was quite dark out and, well, because I don't know how to use the other features. I'm especially proud of the grapes. So far out of the three varieties I have this one, called Beta, is doing the best. I'm growing two others Frontenac and Valiant. In our climate we don't get much of the fun and fancy fruit fresh from the vine. I keep making the outrageous claim that I'll be selling bottles of wine off my front step in a few weeks. Anyway here is the picture...

I'm hoping that this is the start of better grapes and better pictures.

No comments: